By Kevin Deutsch
Investigators this week arrested one of three sisters they believe responsible for robbing a beauty supply store in Tamarac, court records show.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, Eonie Jones, 18, robbed The Beauty Plug, 6949 W. Commercial Blvd., along with two other culprits on Dec. 12. One of the robbery victims, a female employee whose family owns the store, was pepper-sprayed in her face by one of the assailants—a woman wearing a silver wig—before the trio made off with three lace wigs and a bracelet worth $1,195, the records show.
According to a warrant affidavit filed by BSO, the pepper spray victim and relative of the three alleged robbers later identified Jones as the wig-wearing, pepper-spraying robber.
The victim’s mother, who owns the business, pulled images of the robbers from the store’s surveillance video, then posted them on the store’s Instagram account. She received more than 100 tips from people and helped investigators identify the offenders, deputies said.
“Tonight we experienced a horrific event,” the store owner wrote on Instagram. “3 girls came into our store, attacked my daughter with pepper spray, and stole multiple lace wigs. I cannot believe this. If you recognize any of them, PLEASE contact us. One was very pregnant, and the other was holding a baby approx. 6-8 months [old]…My daughter is recovering OK.”
Charges against the other two women have not been announced, and it was not clear Tuesday whether either was in custody.
Jones was being held without bond Tuesday at the Broward Main Jail on multiple charges, including robbery with a weapon, battery, and petit theft.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.01.23Man Strangled, Smashed Girlfriend Over Head With Acoustic Drum
- News2022.01.22Tamarac Crime Update: $17,700 in Cash Stolen From Safe, Replaced With Fake Money
- News2022.01.19Free N95 Masks Being Shipped to Locations Starting Next Week
- News2022.01.18White House To Offer Free COVID Tests Starting Wednesday