By Sherry Nabbie-Singh
June is Caribbean-American Heritage Month, and to support small, privately owned businesses, round 3 of the Flavors of Tamarac competition is shifting its focus to the city’s Caribbean-based restaurants.
Partakers can visit any of the participating restaurants and try signature appetizers until June 14, then cast their votes in-person or online as many times as they like for a chance to win $100 in restaurant gift certificates.
Residents can also use #FlavorsofTamarac, to show support for their favorite place or food, spread the word, and share the experience on various social media platforms.
The winning restaurant will receive the People’s Choice Award trophy and bragging rights to the title.
For more competition detail, visit Flavors of Tamarac.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- A self-published author and professional makeup artist who has resided in Tamarac since 2011. Originally from Trinidad, Sherry graduated from the University of the West Indies with a bachelor of arts in literature in English.
- News2021.06.14Tamarac’s Independence Day Celebration Has a New Date
- News2021.06.10Chaos and Contradictions at the Tamarac City Commission Meeting
- News2021.06.08Commissioner Gelin Tells Colleague to ‘Get Off My Page’ While Using Official City Account
- News2021.06.06Your Vote Could Win $100 in Gift Certificates During ‘Flavors of Tamarac’