By: Sharon Aron Baron
Get ready to do some back-to-school shopping. The three-day sales tax holiday is from August 2 to 4 this year and gives parents a break when buying school supplies and clothing for the coming semester. For others not shopping for children, you can still save on clothing and computer items for home or personal use.
“This sales tax holiday is a great opportunity for Broward County residents to complete their back-to-school shopping,” said Tom Kennedy, director of the Broward County Records, Taxes and Treasury Division. “We are especially pleased that computers and related accessories are included in this year’s sales tax holiday.”
Florida law directs that no sales tax will be collected on certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item; clothing, footwear and certain accessories selling for $75 or less per item; and personal computers and certain related accessories selling for $750 or less per item when purchased for noncommercial home or personal use.
This three-day tax holiday is in effect from 12:01 a.m. on Friday, August 2 to 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, August 4.
To see a list of what is and what is not included in the sales tax holiday, click here: Broward.org
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.02.03Bite into Bliss and Empower Young Women: Get Your Boxes of Girl Scout Cookies Today
- News2023.02.023 Brave Deputies Risk Lives to Save Woman in Christmas Eve Canal Rescue
- News2023.02.01Choking Prevention Takes Center Stage: Rep Daley Files Bill Proposed by High School Students
- News2023.01.272 Arrested for Robbery and Shooting in North Lauderdale: Victim Remains in Critical Condition