By Ryan Yousefi
Prepare your fine dining palettes, North Lauderdale foodies – a new restaurant claiming to offer the “Filet Mignon Of Chicken” is now open in a shopping center near you.
Huey Magoo’s, a fast-growing franchise chain specializing in chicken tenders, celebrated the opening of a new North Lauderdale on November 21.
Located in the Arena Shoppes Mall at 7206 West McNab Road, the rapidly expanding franchise’s fourth location in Broward joins stores in Sunrise, Coral Springs, and Oakland Park.
According to Huey Magoo’s, the restaurant’s claim to fame is that its chicken tenders are custom-made using only the tenderloin of a chicken – or as they refer to it, the filet mignon equivalent of the bird – where the best three percent of the chicken can be found. The company also states its chicken contains no antibiotics, hormones, steroids, or preservatives.
In addition to standalone chicken tender meals, Huey Magoo’s menu features sandwiches, wraps, and salads. Tenders are available hand-breaded (fried), grilled, or sauced.
The expansive 2,000-square-foot North Lauderdale store will offer dine-in/out, take-out, curbside pickup, catering, and delivery through third-party delivery services DoorDash and Uber Eats. Hours of operation are Sunday-Thursday 11 a.m.-9 p.m., Friday-Saturday 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
In advance of the store’s grand opening, the franchisee team behind Huey Magoo’s Broward locations, Tyler and Bob Cafferty told RestaurantNews they’re excited about the continued expansion into the greater South Florida area, with more locations on the way in the near future.
“We are excited to bring the outstanding Huey Magoo’s product to North Lauderdale, a growing city with a great community,” Tyler Cafferty said.
Howard continued, “I am ecstatic to see another Huey Magoo’s in this area, my hometown. We are also thrilled for multi-unit franchisees the Cafferty’s tremendous growth and success of the brand in South Florida.”
Huey Magoo’s now operates 37 restaurants spanning seven states, with 225 franchises currently sold and on the way in 12 states total.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsNovember 30, 2023Tamarac Man Charged with Felony Burglary and Battery in Brutal Attack on Pregnant Ex
- NewsNovember 28, 2023City of Tamarac Holds Holiday Lighting Festival on November 30
- NewsNovember 28, 2023Paws with Claus Holiday Paw-ty Takes Place at Gary B Jones Park on December 9
- NewsNovember 27, 20234th Annual Hope for the Holidays Toy Distribution Takes Place on December 16