By: Matt Rothman
After a delayed start to the season, the J.P. Taravella boys’ soccer team recorded their first win with a 3-0 victory over Piper High School on Monday.
This was also the first win for Head Coach Sergio Mosquera, who took over for Terrence McCorvey after JPT went 7-11-3 last year.
Their team consists of Leos Kennedy, Zachary Zub, Chrisley Fledismond, Kevin Quintero, Daniel Freay, Anthony De Gouveia, John Carlos-Martinez, Marco Ferreira, Nate Pydana, Sebastian Gonzalez, Adrian Astudillo, Santiago Marin, Aiden Ersoy, Karlo Woods, Ray Graham, Dorian Miller, Kenan Molme, Denardo Thompson, Amir Ibrahim, Dylan Certuche, Daniel Meneze, Demar Brown, Andres Londono, Ian Gonzalez, Fernando Martinez, Versel Spencer, and Devaughn Rose.
Next, JPT will play on Tuesday, Nov. 15, against Hollywood Hills High School at 4 p.m. The Spartans are 0-1 this year, losing 3-0 in their matchup against Piper High School.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 4, 2023J.P. Taravella Basketball Teams Highlight Week of Success With 1st Win
- NewsNovember 19, 2023TS Aquatics Swimmers Shine in Postseason Competitions
- NewsNovember 18, 2023Tawannah McLemore Leads The Way For J.P. Taravella Swim Team in State Championship
- NewsNovember 9, 20233 J.P. Taravella Baseball Players Officially Sign Letter of Intent