By Kevin Deutsch
A woman robbed a Tamarac Winn-Dixie with a Taser before deputies caught her in the store’s parking lot, court records show.
Torqunetta Moore, 33, of Miramar, was wearing leopard-print clothing as she pushed a cart loaded with $153 in groceries past the store’s checkout area on Nov. 2, according to an arrest affidavit. There, the store manager confronted her at around 11 p.m., the affidavit states.
Moore brandished a Taser and threatened the manager, who retreated in fear and called law enforcement, according to the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
BSO Tamarac District Deputies arrived at the store in Three Lakes Plaza, 3116 W. Commercial Blvd. They quickly recovered the Taser and, with the manager’s help, found Moore in the parking lot, the affidavit states.
Deputies said that she was identified by the manager and arrested at the scene.
When deputies searched the accused robber, they found two plastic baggies containing cocaine, the records show.
Moore also had an open warrant for petit theft, deputies said.
She was booked into the Broward Main Jail on charges of robbery with a weapon and possession of cocaine.
Records show she was still being held at the jail Tuesday on a $16,100 bond.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsJuly 18, 2023Detectives Search for Serial Thief who Struck 4 Times at North Lauderdale Walmart
- NewsJuly 16, 2023Detectives Search for Missing Tamarac Man
- NewsJuly 5, 2023Lauderhill Boy Suffers Facial Burns, Partial Amputation of Fingers in Fireworks Accident
- NewsJune 30, 2023North Lauderdale Woman Struck by SUV Dies