By: Sharon Aron Baron
Tamarac businesses will now get a leg up over other vendors when they submit bids to the city.
The Tamarac City Commission adopted a new local business preference amendment to its procurement code. This code defines the process used to purchase property, materials, and services from vendors through competitive sealed bids.
“Working with local businesses is a win-win that not only helps them, but it also keeps the money we spend here in our city and county. This contributes to a healthy financial environment that benefits the entire community,” said Tamarac Mayor Michelle J. Gomez.
Under the changes to the procurement code, Tamarac-based vendors that meet certain requirements will receive a 5 percent evaluation credit, and Broward County Certified Small Business vendors will receive a 2.5 percent evaluation credit.
This means if Tamarac vendors submit bids or quotes within 5 percent of the lowest one received, or Broward County Certified Small Business vendors submit quotes within 2.5 percent, they’ll have the opportunity to submit another best and final offer (BAFO), unless the lowest bid is from a local Tamarac vendor.
BAFOs must be at least 1 percent lower than the lowest bid/quote. If local Tamarac and Broward County Certified Small Business vendors are competing for the same solicitation, those in Tamarac will receive first preference.
Additionally, when using requests for proposals, a vendor selection process that considers factors other than price, the city will add a criterion which gives credits to local Tamarac vendors and Broward County Certified Small Business.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County