By Ryan Yousefi
With COVID-19 cases spiking all around the state, Tamarac Talk continues to provide updates from the Florida Department of Health.
Unfortunately, fall has brought with it some bad news; COVID-19 cases are setting record highs all around the country. The data in Broward County is trending upward towards the numbers Floridians grew accustomed to seeing during the first wave of infections.
According to the Florida Department of Health, as of November 26, there have been 2,676 positive COVID-19 cases in Tamarac. That’s an increase of 21 positive cases since we last updated readers on the data on Wednesday, November 24.
Statewide in Florida, there have been 979,021 positive COVID-19 cases to date.
There were 120,625 COVID-19 tests conducted in Florida on November 26, with 9,758 coming back positive. Over the last two weeks, positive test rates have remained steady, ranging from 8.52-percent on November 11 to 8.09-percent on November 26. On November 13 the rate was 11.37 percent, the highest Florida has seen since the new wave of infections began.
The average age of a resident to contract COVID-19 in Broward County on November 26 was 41-years-old. For weeks, the average age of a person contracting COVID-19 in Florida has hovered at or around 40-years-old.
Since the pandemic began, there have been 18,363 deaths to date in Florida due to COVID-19, with a total of 54,467 patients hospitalized due to the virus since the pandemic began.
Below are cases sorted by Broward County cities:
Fort Lauderdale 24,529
Pompano Beach 11,509
Coral Springs 5,117
Deerfield Beach 3,049
Coconut Creek 2,177
North Lauderdale 1,767
Oakland Park 1,489
Pembroke Pines 1,617
Cooper City 952
Lauderdale Lakes 470
Wilton Manors 458
Southwest Ranches 338
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- News2021.01.20Tamarac COVID-19 Update: Florida Positivity Rate Nears 2021 High
- News2021.01.18Tamarac COVID-19 Update: Florida Sees Dip In Tests and Cases
- News2021.01.15Tamarac COVID-19 Update: Tamarac Crosses 4,000 Positive Case Threshold
- News2021.01.13Tamarac COVID-19 Update: Cases Continue To Spike Across Florida