By Jill Fox
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Tamarac through October 28. Names of those not arrested have been redacted.
8800 block of North Isles Circle
On October 24, the victim reported he and his dog were victims of an animal bite.
8100 block of NW 68th Ave – Heathgate Sunflower
On October 25, the victim reported a gray BMW was stolen from the driveway of her residence. The vehicle was later tracked by BMW services and recovered in Lauderhill.
3000 block of NW 46th Street
On October 28, the victim reported a blue Honda Accord was stolen from his residence.
8400 block of Lagos De Campo Blvd
On October 23, the victim reported that during the previous 48 hours, an unknown suspect entered a Dodge Caravan and removed the ignition. There was no video or other evidence.
4900 block of East Sabal Palm Blvd
On October 25, the victim reported the arrestee was observed pulling on the door handles of vehicles in the parking lot. The arrestee gained entry into a vehicle by an unsecured passenger front door.
6200 block of John Horan Terrace
On October 25, deputies responded out to document a burglary conveyance. An Easy sport book bag ($25) and his natural blood pressure supplement ($40) were taken.
7900 block of NW 71st Court
On October 28, the victim reported her vehicle’s tires were slashed.
Theft – all other
6997 West Commercial Blvd – Chow Time Grill & Buffet
On October 23, the caller reported two customers dined and left without paying.
7000 block of North University Drive
On October 25, the victim advised his wallet was stolen while on the bus.
9500 block of NW 83 Street
On October 25, the resident was a victim of theft. The total amount was $38.00.
5400 block of North State Road 7 – Lakeside Plaza
On October 26, an unknown male stole the victim’s cellphone ($300) from behind the counter. Deputies were able to identify the suspect through surveillance video and issued an out of custody probable cause affidavit.
Theft – retail, shoplifting
7050 North University Drive – Aldi’s Supermarket
On October 23, an unknown subject selected two six-packs of beer from Aldi and exited the store, making no attempt to pay. He left the area in an older model red Jeep.
6401 West Commercial Blvd – Walgreens
On October 25, the reporting person advised of a male that entered the business and stole $600 worth of merchandise.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She is currently a Senior Account Director at Lon Haber & Co. Fox worked at NBC Miami for eight years after graduating from the University of Miami. She lives in Parkland with her husband, Brian and two children.
- News2020.09.15Donate Your Plasma Now to Help Save a Life
- News2020.08.11School Superintendent Runcie: ‘We will not Compromise the Health and Safety of Students, Teachers, and Staff’
- News2020.08.04Become An Election Day Worker And Earn Up to $325
- News2020.07.14If COVID-19 Numbers Don’t Improve, Superintendent Runcie Recommends Online Learning