By Agrippina Fadel
Tamarac Farmers Market is returning to Veteran’s Park on Sundays.
Last year, the market moved to Tamarac Park to allow the city to work on major improvements at Veteran’s Park.
Melissa Patron, the Assistant Parks and Recreation Director, said the enhancements to the park include 35 additional parking spaces, a new restroom building, and updates to the Veterans’ Honor Wall – an important city landmark.
“We are excited to have the Farmer’s Market move back to its original location on Sundays. The location is easily visible to a major thoroughfare, allowing passersby to see the market from the road and stop by,” she said, adding that the market’s location next to the local Dog Park is a bonus, as it attracts visitors who walk over with their furry friends.
“It’s just a good time for the whole family,” Patron said.
Held every Sunday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Tamarac Community Farmers Market offers a selection of locally prepared baked goods and sauces, fresh produce, tea, honey, and other artisanal goods from small businesses.
Veterans’ Memorial Park is located at 7825 Southgate Blvd.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsDecember 3, 2023Ticket Alert: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Tribute Show at the Palace
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Doo-Wop Delight: Don’t Miss a Night of Nostalgia with John Tarangelo at the Kings Point Palace
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Don’t Miss the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo