By: Sharon Aron Baron
Don’t miss the free big screen Movie in the Park featuring “Peter Rabbit” on Friday, April 5, presented by the City of Tamarac.
Released in 2018, the film stars the voice of James Corden as the title character, with Rose Byrne, Domhnall Gleeson, Sam Neill, Daisy Ridley, Elizabeth Debicki, and Margot Robbie.
In England, Peter Rabbit, his cousin Benjamin Bunny, and Peter’s triplet sisters Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail, spend most of their days picking on Mr. McGregor and stealing vegetables from his garden. They are friends with a local woman named Bea who spends her time painting pictures of the rabbits as well as the surrounding nature. Bea takes on a mother-like relationship with the rabbits due to the death of their parents, who were captured and killed by McGregor. One day, Peter is forced to leave his jacket in McGregor’s garden and goes back to retrieve it. McGregor spots and catches him, but suddenly dies of a heart attack due to decades of unhealthy eating habits. Enthralled, Peter invites all of the local animals and takes over McGregor’s manor.
The activities start at 6:30 p.m. with face painting, bounce house, music, and food from participating food trucks. Plus, a free bag of popcorn. Don’t forget your blankets and lawn chairs because the movie begins at 8:30 p.m.
The event will be held at the Tamarac Sports Complex, located at 9901 NW 77 Street.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.08.08Try Vegan Food at the Next EarthSave Event in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2019.08.06Man Blows Past Security with Two Stolen Leaf Blowers
- Crime & Safety2019.08.05Broward Sheriff’s Office Holds ‘National Night Out’ in Tamarac
- News2019.08.05Flags at Half-Staff to Honor Shooting Victims in El Paso and Dayton