By Selene Raj
Tamarac Parks and Recreation canceled the All-American Fourth of July celebration, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, they have found a new way to celebrate the holiday and showcase community spirit: by hosting a patriotic yard decorating contest.
To participate, residents are encouraged to decorate their front yards, take a photo, and share it on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter using the hashtag #TamaracsMostPatrioticYard, then post the images in the comment section of the Tamarac Parks and Recreation Facebook page.
There are no specific guidelines about what constitutes patriotic decorations, so residents can think out of the box and get creative if they like.
Participants will be judged by overall aesthetic, originality, and effort, and two winners will be chosen with each receiving a $140 Visa Gift Card.
To participate, residents must submit their photos no later than Friday, July 3, and winners will be announced on Tuesday, July 7.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.01.15Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Board Moves Closer to Final Approval
- News2021.01.06Rep Dan Daley Advocates for his District on 5 House Committees
- News2020.12.30Commissioner Bolton Expresses Remorse Over Calling City Attorney ‘Untrustworthy’
- News2020.12.23Broward County Moves Forward with Curfew in Anticipation of Holiday Covid-19 Spike