By: Saraana Jamraj
Tamarac is providing another opportunity for date night, family fun, or just the perfect way to kick off the weekend. Starting in February, they’ll be showing free movies in the park on the first Friday of each month until May.
In addition to a movie on the big screen, they’ll be providing a free bag of popcorn and pre-movie activities, including face painting, games, a bounce house, music, and onsite food trucks.
Pets are not allowed, but attendees are welcome to bring their lawn chairs, blankets, and coolers.
The following movies are scheduled:
Friday, February 7
Marvel’s Black Panther: This Marvel Cinematic Universe movie focuses on the Wakandan avenger himself, T’Challa, the Black Panther, who takes his place as a king and a hero. This movie is also part of the city’s Black History Month celebrations. The movie starts at 7:30 p.m.
Friday, March 6
Aladdin: This magical, live-action adaptation of Disney’s Aladdin retells the classic tale of the boy who finds a genie and falls in love with a princess, and has quite a few adventures along the way. The movie starts at 7:30 p.m.
Friday, April 3
HOP: This light-hearted live-action/computer-animated movie focuses on an out-of-work human who aspires to become the Easter Bunny. The movie starts at 8:00 p.m.
Friday, May 1
Abominable: This animated Dreamworks film features a young hero named Yi, who attempts to reunite a Yeti she found, with his family. The movie starts at 8:00 p.m.
They all take place at Tamarac Sports Complex, 9901 NW 77th Street.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.03.16Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover
- News2021.03.02The Broward Sheriff’s Office Makes Personal Bunny Visits in Tamarac
- News2021.02.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.02.09Tamarac to Receive 79 Additional Bus Shelters and Amenities