By Kevin Deutsch
A Tamarac man has been charged in a hit-and-run crash that killed a man and injured a woman last Fourth of July, arrest records show.
Justin Green, 20, of 8520 E Southgate Shores Cir., was allegedly driving a 2007 BMW in the 5100 block of State Road 7 in North Lauderdale when he struck the pair of pedestrians shortly before 2:40 a.m., according to Broward Sheriff’s Office records.
Green is charged with vehicular homicide, failure to stop or remain at an accident involving death, reckless driving causing serious bodily injury, and failure to stop or remain at an accident involving serious bodily injury.
At his first court appearance, Green was ordered held at the Broward Main Jail on a $215,000 bond. He was also ordered to surrender his passport.
The names of the victims of the hit-and-run were not made public.
Got News in Tamarac, Lauderhill, or North Lauderdale? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.12.01Tamarac Man Pleads Guilty to Assaulting Officer During Jan. 6 Attack on Capitol
- News2022.11.30Traffic Homicide Detectives Probe Tamarac Crash that Killed Child
- News2022.11.27Tamarac Crime Update: USPS Mail Carrier Robbed at Gunpoint
- News2022.11.23Tamarac Crime Update: Incident at Polling Place and Ransacked BMW