By Kevin Deutsch
A Tamarac man allegedly beat, stabbed, kidnapped, and robbed his 73-year-old roommate before deputies found the victim covered in blood outside their apartment, according to the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
Timothy Conn, 38, is being held without bail in the Broward Main Jail on charges of kidnapping, robbery with a weapon, and aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, records show.
On Aug. 30, Conn walked into his roommate’s bedroom around 3:30 a.m., jumped on his bed, and yelled, “someone is in the house!” the roommate told deputies.
According to an arrest affidavit, the roommate said he knew from past experiences that Conn was hallucinating and told him to go away.
Instead, Conn repeatedly punched him in the face, grabbed a box cutter slicing his roommate under his mouth. The deputies said that Conn grabbed the victim’s wallet and demanded the PIN for his debit card.
The roommate did not give up the code, deputies said.
In response, Conn grabbed a pair of plastic flex cuffs, bound his roommate’s hands, and walked him out to Conn’s white Nissan Sentra, forcing him into the backseat and, later, throwing him in the trunk, according to BSO.
“I’m driving you out to the Everglades to kill you,” Conn said at one point, the affidavit states.
Fearing for his life, the victim eventually gave his PIN to Conn, who then stopped at several locations, the victim told deputies. When he finally drove them back to their apartment in the 7000 block of Colony Circle North, the victim was so exhausted from his ordeal that he fell asleep, according to the affidavit.
He called BSO the following day, and responding deputies found a “massive amount of blood” in the victim’s bedroom and on his bed, the affidavit states.
The Sentra was towed away for further investigation, deputies said.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.12.05Tamarac Crime Update: Stalker Called Woman 50 Times, Sent 500 Messages
- News2022.12.01Tamarac Man Pleads Guilty to Assaulting Officer During Jan. 6 Attack on Capitol
- News2022.11.30Traffic Homicide Detectives Probe Tamarac Crash that Killed Child
- News2022.11.27Tamarac Crime Update: USPS Mail Carrier Robbed at Gunpoint