By: Sharon Aron Baron
A resident of a Tamarac living in an assisted living center celebrated a huge milestone on Monday.
Long-time resident Eleanor Deibel turned 102 years old and her former neighbors Susan Grimes and Felicia Fox hosted a birthday celebration for her at the Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Center.
At 102, she is the oldest resident at the center.
Eleanor was a Tamarac resident for over 50 years. Before she broke her hip, she lived in the Mainlands 10 where Felicia would check in with her. She’s now been at the facility for about a year in a half and has no family.
Eleanor’s husband George was a WWII veteran who passed away 12 years ago at the age of 90. As a young woman, Eleanor was part of a professional acrobatic dance troupe that traveled and performed in the northeastern part of the country. After that, she worked at Sears in Fort Lauderdale before retiring in 2002 at the age of 85.
“She’s a wonderful, wonderful woman and has so much spunk, she brings a smile to everyone’s face and to their heart,” said Susan.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.06.08Celebrating Excellence: Meet Our Local Valedictorians and Salutatorians for 2023
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County