By Sherry Nabbie-Singh
A Tamarac resident was seriously injured in a hit-and-run accident while cycling in Delray Beach.
The Delray Beach Police Department traffic investigators have identified the make and model of the car and are searching for the driver who struck bicyclist Barry Simon, 71.
According to his family on NextDoor, Simon suffered multiple injuries and is in critical condition.
Around 7 a.m. on July 4, Simon was cycling north on Barwick Road in Delray Beach when he was hit by a northbound driver in a 2014-2016 Hyundai Genesis.
The driver fled the scene before police arrived.
According to the Facebook post by police, the car will likely have damages to the front right and the wheel housing and are urging the driver to come forward to aid with the ongoing investigation.
Anyone with information about this case, the car, or the driver can contact Henry Lugo or Matthew Saraceni at 561-243-7800.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- A self-published author and professional makeup artist who has resided in Tamarac since 2011. Originally from Trinidad, Sherry graduated from the University of the West Indies with a bachelor of arts in literature in English.
- News2022.05.11Get Roped Into Attending Tamarac’s Bicycle Safety Rodeo
- News2021.08.02Atten-hut! Enroll Now in the J.P. Taravella Marching Band Camp
- News2021.07.28Supervisor of Elections Site is Redesigned in Time for Congressional Special Elections
- News2021.07.22Get Ready to ‘Move with the Mayor’ on August 7