By: Sharon Aron Baron
Tamarac is like the one kid who never gets invited to the birthday party. At least in South Florida’s crowded media world; Tamarac gets ignored because no company wants to waste their time peddling their magazines to our demographics.
For residents in Coral Springs, Parkland and even Coconut Creek, they receive free magazines such as: Spectator, Our Town News, Parkland/Coral Springs Life and The Parklander, many which are delivered to their homes.
Not so, in Tamarac where the only free magazines mailed to our residents are The Flyer and the Forum. The Flyer is a weekly classified magazine used to buy and sell merchandise, and The Forum is a weekly newspaper, from the owners of the Sun Sentinel, that publishes light articles, editorials, a police blotter and events.
Except for these two, there are no magazines delivered to residents in Tamarac as we are the persona non grata in the media world.
You may be able to pick up Our Town News, which has a few magazines around City Hall and the Recreation center, but so far they haven’t invested their money mailing them to your homes like they have to all residents of Coral Springs and Parkland.
According to Life Publications, publisher of Parkland/ Coral Springs Life Magazine, residents in Parkland, Heron Bay, Eagle Trace, Maplewood Isle, Mariner’s Cove, Whispering Woods, The Isles and over 33 of the most affluent communities in Coral Springs get their magazine delivered to their homes.
The Parklander has the audacity to say that they serve Tamarac in their banner on page four along with several other cities, however, you’ll only get the Parklander if you live in Parkland and Boca Raton.
So how’s that serving Tamarac?
Tamarac has a population of 60,000 residents who are consumers as well. We spend money, buy cars, visit attorneys and doctors and have an untapped market of residents in many of our communities that will eat at your restaurant, shop at your businesses and buy your products.
If we only knew about them.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.11.23Detectives Ask For Public’s Help Locating Missing 12-Year-Old
- News2022.11.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Gets Teed Up For 2022 PuroClean Classic Golf Tournament
- News2022.11.21Postal Worker Robbed at Gunpoint in Tamarac
- News2022.11.18On Your Marks, Get Set … Walk or Run! Tamarac Turkey Trot holds 41st Annual Event on Thanksgiving