By Agrippina Fadel
TS Aquatics finished the 31st Annual Speedo Winter Championships with 27 medals and 24 team records, proving the Tamarac swim team one of the strongest in the county.
The championship, held December 9 – 12 at the Plantation Aquatic Complex, included 60 teams from Florida and other states.
TS Aquatics Head Coach Andre Bailey said the team placed 8th overall, with 9th place for Women and 7th place for Men.
“It is the highest placing for TS Aquatics in its brief five-year history. This position places us above neighboring city teams of Coral Springs and Plantation,” he added.
Tamarac swimmers won 11 gold, 11 silver, and five bronze medals.
Zarek Wilson, who recently made the news representing his native Trinidad and Tobago at the Junior Pan American Games in Colombia, won five out of six of his events and received the 15-16 Male High Point Winner trophy.
Mason Green was 8th on the High Point list and won two silver medals. Jillian Crooks won four out of her six events and received the 15-16 Female High Point Winner Trophy. Tawannah McLemore was 4th on the same High Point list and picked up one gold and three silver medals.
Ally Lake, Giulianna Garcia, Joshua Cajuste, Mile Green, and Alex Nichols all had great swims.
“The entire team swam exceptionally well, and we as coaches couldn’t be prouder. With results like these, we are bringing a new location for elite swimming to local kids in Tamarac and surrounding areas,” said Coach Bailey.
He added that the TS Aquatics swimmers showed up for each other, and the team camaraderie was at all times high.
“Watching them cheer for each other as family, friends, and teammates was priceless.
One of the swimmers, Jillian Crooks, said she has never cheered so hard for a team in her life. They are great athletes, but also a fantastic team,” said Coach Bailey.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2022.12.03Church Offers Unique Multi-Sensory Worship Service on Sunday Evenings
- News2022.12.01Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Hosts Chanukah Picnic Dec. 18
- News2022.12.01Chabad of Tamarac Hosts Chanukah Wonderland for Children
- News2022.11.30City of Tamarac Holds Annual ‘Paws With Claus Holiday Paw-ty’ Dec. 10