By: Sharon Aron Baron
Back in October, the City of Tamarac asked middle and high school students who either go to school or live here to tell why they loved their city in a video contest.
On Wednesday night, contest winners and sisters Dominique and Devanee Williams, who may have been the only entries from what can be found on YouTube, have won uncontested, but nevertheless, they did an outstanding job. They received $100, a year membership to the aquatic center and lunch with city officials as well as getting the video displayed on the city’s website.
Commissioner Pam Bushnell who had lunch with the family said that she was impressed with the sisters and said they were like, “miniature chamber of commerces.” Bushnell also said they were articulate and well-mannered. She added that both girls homeschooled and the family also ate a vegan diet. The family attended Wednesday night’s city commission meeting to accept a proclamation on their behalf.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.08.08Try Vegan Food at the Next EarthSave Event in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2019.08.06Man Blows Past Security with Two Stolen Leaf Blowers
- Crime & Safety2019.08.05Broward Sheriff’s Office Holds ‘National Night Out’ in Tamarac
- News2019.08.05Flags at Half-Staff to Honor Shooting Victims in El Paso and Dayton