The Moving Vietnam Wall is in Coral Springs this weekend.
By Sharon Aron Baron
For many Americans, the Vietnam War is a distant memory, a chapter in history textbooks, or a plot line in movies. But for those who served or lost loved ones, the war is a lifelong reminder of sacrifice, pain, and bravery.
That’s why “The Moving Wall,” a half-size replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington D.C., is such a powerful and moving tribute. And this weekend, the memorial is in Coral Springs.
The arrival of “The Moving Wall” marks a significant moment for the Coral Springs community and the country. This memorial is not just a collection of names etched into a wall. It’s a living, breathing testament to the sacrifices made by thousands of men and women during the Vietnam War. The wall allows us to honor the fallen, remember their stories, and pay tribute to their heroism.
The Coral Springs opening ceremony for “The Moving Wall” is set to take place on Saturday, May 6, at noon.
The ceremony promises to be a powerful event, with a special “Huey” helicopter flyover scheduled for 12:10 p.m. The Huey helicopter, also known as the UH-1 Iroquois, played a significant role in the Vietnam War and was considered the workhorse of the Army. It’s a fitting tribute to those who served and those who gave their lives.
Coral Springs Mayor Scott Brook and Tony Bianco, President of the Veterans Coalition, will speak at the event.
The memorial is open to the public from Friday, May 5, to Sunday, May 7, and is free to visit at the Sportsplex Park, specifically Tom Messenheimer Field, at 2575 Sportsplex Drive in Coral Springs.
Free parking is available in the dirt lot across the street from the field. The memorial will be open 24 hours daily, allowing visitors to pay their respects anytime.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.06.08Celebrating Excellence: Meet Our Local Valedictorians and Salutatorians for 2023
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County