By Kevin Deutsch
A man was shot in Lauderdale Lakes Tuesday afternoon after he robbed a man at gunpoint—a drug-related dispute that ended with three men being charged with attempted murder, according to the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies said that Michael Roberts, 34, was shot at North State Road 7 and Northwest 36th Street around 12:45 p.m. and rushed to Broward Health Medical Center with injuries listed as not life-threatening.
A short time later, deputies made a felony traffic stop of a dark gray Dodge Charger near the 4300 block of Northwest 36th Street in Lauderdale Lakes.
\The car had been spotted leaving the area where Roberts was shot, according to BSO.
Inside the Charger, deputies said they found three people: Zhante Brown, 24, Darreyl Kimble, 27, and Joshua Gonzalez, 19.
“Further investigation by BSO Violent Crimes Unit detectives revealed Brown, Kimble and Gonzalez shot at Roberts after Roberts had robbed Gonzalez at gunpoint following a narcotics-related incident,” BSO said in a press release issued Wednesday afternoon.
All three men, plus Roberts, were arrested.
Brown and Gonzalez each face one count of attempted felony murder.
Kimble faces one count of attempted felony murder, one count of possession of a weapon or ammo by a convicted felon and one count of probation violation.
Roberts, who deputies said was in possession of a stolen gun, faces one count of robbery by firearm, grand theft of a firearm, and possession of a weapon or ammo by a convicted felon.
Additional information about what led to the robbery and shooting was not made public Wednesday.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.12.01Tamarac Man Pleads Guilty to Assaulting Officer During Jan. 6 Attack on Capitol
- News2022.11.30Traffic Homicide Detectives Probe Tamarac Crash that Killed Child
- News2022.11.27Tamarac Crime Update: USPS Mail Carrier Robbed at Gunpoint
- News2022.11.23Tamarac Crime Update: Incident at Polling Place and Ransacked BMW