By Agrippina Fadel
The city commission honored Tamarac Fire Rescue Firefighter of the Year, Jason Barrios, presenting him with a plaque to recognize his hard work.
Barrios, who has been with the Tamarac Fire Rescue for over 18 years, is an “all-around fantastic employee,” said acting Fire Chief Mike Annese.
Annese explained that the firefighters are nominated for the honor by their peers.
“We put out an announcement every year, and everyone in the department is allowed to write in a submission. The previous award winners then meet and review all the submissions, and they make a collective recommendation to the fire chief,” he said.
Annese added that Barrios was recently reassigned to Logistics Division and did an outstanding job there, reorganizing and delivering supplies to the stations and assisting with several projects and upgrades to the station.
Barrios had implemented a multi-faceted plan to reorganize the warehouse and improve the department’s efficiency and inventory practices. He used his field experience to analyze the inventory levels and fine-tuned them to help the fire department save money and reduce waste.
Mayor Michelle Gomez said Barrios was selected for his continuous improvement, attention to detail, loyalty, and dedication.
“He is an outstanding example of a firefighter who brings great credit upon himself and the Tamarac Fire Department,” she added.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.03.27Local Poet Rebecca Vaughns Hosts Tamarac’s First Annual Spoken Word Competition
- News2023.03.27Experience the Florida Everglades Like Never Before with New Art Installation at Tamarac’s Sunset Point Park
- News2023.03.21Woodlands Showdown: City Commission to Decide Golf Course’s Future Amid Community Debate
- News2023.03.21Ticket Alert: The Company Men Bring a Night of Hits to the Kings Point Palace