By: Sharon Aron Baron
Get your resume ready because two new companies are opening their doors in the City of Tamarac and will be looking for people to fill many of the positions.
Starting on Saturday, November 22, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. the brand new Walmart Neighborhood Market and the customer management firm Convergys will hold the first in a series of job fairs at the Tamarac Community Center.
“We’re excited to welcome Walmart to the community. We’re pleased to be able to partner with them and Convergys to bring additional employment opportunities to our residents,” said Vice Mayor Pamela Bushnell.
Representatives from Tamarac’s Community Development department, Career Source, along with Walmart and Convergys will be on hand to assist with completing job applications.
The Walmart Neighborhood Market, primarily a grocery store, and smaller than the typical Walmart store or Supercenter, is hiring for over 60 customer service-related jobs at its new store at the corner of McNab and Pine Island Road. That store has a projected opening date of January 21, 2015.
Convergys is looking for customer service representatives for their Tamarac call center. They are especially interested in Technical Customer Service Representatives, Customer Service Agents, Account Managers or Call Center Trainers.
Their call center jobs offers excellent pay, benefits, and flexible full and part-time call center jobs. Bilingual sales representatives are especially encouraged to apply. Their center is located at 5601 Hiatus Road.
A second job fair will be held at the Tamarac Community Center on Saturday, December 6, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2020.12.03Home-Based Businesses Now Eligible to Apply for CARES Act
- News2020.11.2910 Auto Burglaries Reported in Tamarac in this Week’s Crime Update
- News2020.11.28Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste December 5
- News2020.11.28Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science