By: Sharon Aron Baron
Newly appointed Vice Mayor Michelle Gomez, who represents District Two in Tamarac, will be hosting the first in a series of events with her constituents starting this Saturday.
The “Coffee with the Vice Mayor” event will be held Saturday, January 11, between 1:00 p.m – 3:00 p.m at the Marinos Cafe, Deli and Bakery, and Gomez asks residents to “Join me for conversation, coffee, bagels, and cannolis and share your thoughts with me about our city.”
Gomez was first appointed in 2010 as Commissioner after Patte Atkins Grad was suspended from office. After a jury found Atkins Grad not guilty, she was reinstated, and Gomez was no longer commissioner. In October, she was reappointed after Atkins Grad resigned rather than face an embarrassing recall election by residents.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.01.19Mayor Gomez Reselected to National League of Cities Fed Advocacy Committee
- News2022.01.14Man Loses 83 Pounds After Bariatric Surgery
- News2022.01.05Pets of the Week: Prince, Mia and Nami Are Looking for Forever Homes
- News2022.01.03Tamarac Offering Environmentally-Friendly Christmas Tree Disposal