By: Sharon Aron Baron
Newly appointed appointed Vice Mayor Michelle Gomez, who represents District Two in Tamarac, will be hosting the first in a series of events with her constituents starting this Saturday.
The “Coffee with the Vice Mayor” event will be held Saturday, January 11, between 1:00 p.m – 3:00 p.m at the Marinos Cafe, Deli and Bakery, and Gomez asks residents to “Join me for conversation, coffee, bagels, and cannolis and share your thoughts with me about our city.”
Gomez was first appointed in 2010 as Commissioner after Patte Atkins Grad was suspended from office. After a jury found Atkins Grad not guilty, she was reinstated, and Gomez was no longer commissioner. She was recently reappointed again in October after Atkins Grad resigned rather than face an embarrassing recall election by residents.
The “Coffee with the Vice Mayor” event will be held at 8763 NW 57th Street in Tamarac. For more information contact Michelle.Gomez@Tamarac.org or 954-597-3460.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.09.19Coral Springs Center for the Arts Launches Comedy and Music October and November
- News2019.09.18Tamarac City Commissioners Voted to Approve Office Furnishings in Amended Budget
- News2019.09.18Broward County Schools Holds ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup