By Kevin Deutsch
A hit-and-run driver killed a female pedestrian in Tamarac Tuesday morning, authorities said.
The Broward Regional Communications center received reports of a hit-and-run crash involving the victim in the area of Commercial Boulevard and University Drive in Tamarac around 8:30 a.m.
Broward Sheriff’s Office Tamarac District deputies and Tamarac Fire Rescue responded to the scene, where deputies found the adult female suffering from injuries.
Paramedics took the woman to a nearby hospital, where she was pronounced dead. Her name was not made public.
The vehicle involved in the crash fled the scene, according to BSO.
Traffic homicide detectives were notified and are investigating the circumstances surrounding the fatal hit-and-run.
No additional information was released by BSO.
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to call Broward County Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.12.05Tamarac Crime Update: Stalker Called Woman 50 Times, Sent 500 Messages
- News2022.12.01Tamarac Man Pleads Guilty to Assaulting Officer During Jan. 6 Attack on Capitol
- News2022.11.30Traffic Homicide Detectives Probe Tamarac Crash that Killed Child
- News2022.11.27Tamarac Crime Update: USPS Mail Carrier Robbed at Gunpoint