By Kevin Deutsch
A 19-year-old Tamarac driver struck and killed one pedestrian, injuring a second, as the two crossed a busy road outside a designated crosswalk, authorities said.
The July 4 crash happened shortly after 2:30 a.m. in North Lauderdale as a male and female crossed eastbound in the 5100 block of North State Road 7, according to the Broward Sheriff’s Office. Detectives said the two were not in a designated crosswalk when a northbound 2007 BMW, traveling in the right lane, struck them both.
The BMW’s driver, Justin Green, of 8520 E. Southgate Shores Cir. in Tamarac, continued driving “northbound with significant damage to the windshield,” according to BSO.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene. The female pedestrian was rushed to an unspecified area hospital where she underwent surgery for her injuries, deputies said.
Their names were withheld by BSO under Marsy’s Law.
Shortly after the crash, the driver contacted BSO to report the incident, deputies said.
Detectives responded and seized the BMW for their investigation, according to BSO.
No additional information was released.
Got news? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2023.06.09Man Arrested in Stabbing of 2 Victims in Tamarac
- News2023.06.04Teen Killed in Tamarac Crash Remembered as ‘Ray of Sunshine’
- News2023.06.02Woman Steals Ambulance in Tamarac, Causes 2 Car Accidents
- News2023.05.31Crash Claims the Life of 18-Year-Old Coral Springs Man: Investigation Underway