By: Matt Rothman
J.P. Taravella had signing day on Wednesday, during which three senior baseball players made official commitments.
E.J. Burns is signed to play at Florida Gulf Coast University and has been on the varsity baseball team since he was a freshman. As a junior, Burns hit .417, had three career home runs, and drove 37 RBIs. He is also 7-1 on the mound and has an era of 1.36.
Anthony Quigley is headed to the University of South Florida and has been on the varsity team for two years. He hit .333 last season with a pair of home runs and also went 2-1 on the mound with an ERA of 2.65.
Javi Miranda was the final player to sign and will be attending Indian River State College in Fort Pierce, where he will join three former teammates. He only began pitching a year ago, picked up a win, and struck out 12 in 2023.
“In the day and age of school choice and baseball academies, I’m thankful that their parents trusted Taravella High School and me and allowed me to be part of their development,” Head Coach Joe Giummule said. “I’m excited to follow them in their next phase of the process.”
Before going to college, these three players will all be major contributors to the Trojans, who look to get back to Regionals for a fourth straight season.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 4, 2023J.P. Taravella Basketball Teams Highlight Week of Success With 1st Win
- NewsNovember 19, 2023TS Aquatics Swimmers Shine in Postseason Competitions
- NewsNovember 18, 2023Tawannah McLemore Leads The Way For J.P. Taravella Swim Team in State Championship
- NewsNovember 9, 20233 J.P. Taravella Baseball Players Officially Sign Letter of Intent