By Ryan Yousefi
Broward County is recruiting former military personnel to bring their valuable skills and life experiences to the classroom as part of an initiative to improve its school system through an influx of new educators.
As part of its continued dedication to providing high-quality education to the children of Broward County, Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) is reaching out to military veterans and encouraging them to become teachers.
BCPS is inviting military veterans interested in being teachers to learn more about becoming a Broward County teacher by signing up for the career event at BCPCareers.com/military.
According to BCPS, attendance at the event is the first step towards a rewarding career in education and joining them in helping shape the future of Broward County while also kickstarting a rewarding career.
By becoming a teacher, BCPS says veterans will have the opportunity to positively impact the lives of their students and their community.
To become a teacher with BCPS, veterans need to meet specific requirements. They must have a minimum of 48 months of military service with an honorable or medical discharge, a minimum of 60 college credits, and a 2.5 minimum GPA.
Former military personnel interested in this opportunity can visit the BCPS website and fill out the event form to participate.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Paws with Claus Holiday Paw-ty Takes Place at Gary B Jones Park on December 9
- NewsDecember 5, 20234th Annual Hope for the Holidays Toy Distribution Takes Place on December 16
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Toy Drive Spreads Holiday Cheer
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Senior Citizen Wreaks Havoc During DMV Eye Exam, Faces Charges for Equipment Demolition