By: Sharon Aron Baron
In an effort to enable more patients to be tested for COVID-19, and reduce the risk of community spread, Broward Health will open a mobile testing unit at Central Broward Park & Broward County Stadium Wednesday, April 8.
The mobile testing site, located at 3700 N.W. 11th Place, Lauderhill, Florida, will require registered patients to drive through the park to be swabbed for COVID-19 from their cars.
To be tested, patients must pre-register for scheduled appointment times. No walkups or drive-ups can be screened or tested. To schedule a time to be tested, patients must have a written script from a physician and then call the Broward Health line at (954) 320-5730 to register.
If patients do not have a primary care physician and need assistance, they can access Broward Health’s new BHealthy Now app that enables a patient to obtain a virtual health screening from a board-certified physician without leaving home. Physicians on call will screen patients, assign risk, answer questions and recommend the next steps, such as prescribing a COVID-19 screening.
To register for a BHealthy Now virtual COVID-19 screening, visit BrowardHealth.org/COVIDApp for instructions on how to download the app and connect with physicians. The app can also be downloaded directly from the app store by searching for “Amwell”. To find the Broward Health COVID practice, enter the service key “BROWARD” during or after enrollment.
Photo ID, the written prescription for COVID-19 testing and registration are required at the mobile testing site to be swabbed and tested. Test results will be sent to the prescribing physician, who will then alert the patient of their status.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family