By Jill Fox
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Tamarac through April 5.
4700 block of NW 30th Terrace – Tamarac Lakes South
On April 2, the victim advised that his unlocked vehicle was burglarized during the overnight hours, and multiple items were taken.
6000 bl0ck of North Sabal Palm Blvd – The Gardens of Sabal Palms
On April 2, the victim reported his storage unit was burglarized between March 19 and April 2.
5700 block of Rock Island Road – Sun Vista Apartments
On March 31, a disturbance took place between a resident and the association regarding parking enforcement.
6800 block of Nob Hill Road
On April 1, the complainant advised he struck a bicyclist, knocking off his right side view mirror, and the cyclist left.
8000 block of NW 71st Court – Pineapple Park
On March 31, the victim was attempting to visit a friend at the listed location. The victim then stated two known suspects began to beat him up. Both suspects were prior roommates of the victim, whom he owes $200 for narcotics. The subjects were gone before deputies’ arrival.
Theft – bicycle
7705 N. Pine Island Road – Chevron gas station
On March 31, the victim had his bike stolen from in front of the Chevron gas station.
Theft – all other
4121 West Commercial Blvd – Sunshine Plaza
On April 1, the victim dropped her cellphone in the parking lot at the Publix plaza. She realized it was gone when her car’s bluetooth shut off. She went back to the location, and it was gone.
5400 block of NW 25th Ave – Boulevard of Tamarac
On April 2, the victim advised he awoke in the morning and discovered an unknown person(s), possibly his soon to be ex-tenant, stole the hood ornament from his Mercedez Benz.
10036 West McNab Road – Paradigm Cinemas
On April 3, the reporting person advised, between April 1 and April 3, unknown suspects stole $600 from the secured room of the business from different cash drawers. Only three employees have access to the room.
Theft – Retail/ shoplifting
4999 North SR 7 – 7-eleven
On April 1, a theft occurred when an unknown male entered the store and stole lottery scratch-off tickets.
More Crime and Safety on Tamarac Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She is currently a Senior Account Director at Lon Haber & Co. Fox worked at NBC Miami for eight years after graduating from the University of Miami. She lives in Parkland with her husband, Brian and two children.
- News2020.10.12Pumpkin Patches and Halloween Activities in and Around Tamarac
- News2020.09.29Donate Plasma Now to Help Save a Life
- News2020.09.15Donate Your Plasma Now to Help Save a Life
- News2020.08.11School Superintendent Runcie: ‘We will not Compromise the Health and Safety of Students, Teachers, and Staff’