By Sharon Aron Baron
The New Year’s holiday weekend is fast approaching, and an increased risk of drunk driving offenses comes with it.
To combat this dangerous trend, the Broward Sheriff’s Office D.U.I. Task Force is launching a high visibility saturation and enforcement operation.
Starting at 5 p.m. on Saturday, December 31, 2022, and running until 5 a.m. on Sunday, January 1, 2023, the task force will be out in full force in Broward County, working to promote traffic safety and apprehend impaired drivers who may pose a threat to public safety.
They will also cite traffic violators and remind everyone to enjoy their holiday festivities responsibly.
The task force urges everyone to have a safe and enjoyable New Year’s weekend and to remember to designate a sober driver or make arrangements for a ride home if they plan on drinking.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024J.P. Taravella Drama Club Hosts Community Yard Sale and Craft Show on February 24
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Detectives Search for Tamarac Man Missing Since Early January
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“You’re a Fraud”: Tamarac Commissioner Blasts Website Tied to Marlon Bolton
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Free Boot Camp Held to Boost Students’ Federal Aid Applications