By Sharon Aron Baron
The New Year’s holiday weekend is fast approaching, and an increased risk of drunk driving offenses comes with it.
To combat this dangerous trend, the Broward Sheriff’s Office D.U.I. Task Force is launching a high visibility saturation and enforcement operation.
Starting at 5 p.m. on Saturday, December 31, 2022, and running until 5 a.m. on Sunday, January 1, 2023, the task force will be out in full force in Broward County, working to promote traffic safety and apprehend impaired drivers who may pose a threat to public safety.
They will also cite traffic violators and remind everyone to enjoy their holiday festivities responsibly.
The task force urges everyone to have a safe and enjoyable New Year’s weekend and to remember to designate a sober driver or make arrangements for a ride home if they plan on drinking.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.02.03Bite into Bliss and Empower Young Women: Get Your Boxes of Girl Scout Cookies Today
- News2023.02.023 Brave Deputies Risk Lives to Save Woman in Christmas Eve Canal Rescue
- News2023.02.01Choking Prevention Takes Center Stage: Rep Daley Files Bill Proposed by High School Students
- News2023.01.272 Arrested for Robbery and Shooting in North Lauderdale: Victim Remains in Critical Condition