By Kevin Deutsch
Get ready, Broward job hunters.
Broward County Public Schools is hosting a career fair to try and fill around 1,200 vacant positions across the district, including teachers, classroom and teacher assistants, counselors, bus drivers, custodians, food service workers, and other jobs.
The career fair is scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 26, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Western High School, 1200 SW 136th Avenue, Davie.
During the event, attendees will be able to meet with school principals and human resources recruiters. Qualified candidates may be offered immediate positions, according to the district.
Interim BCPS Superintendent Dr. Vickie Cartwright will greet attendees and district staff at the fair from 11 a.m. to noon, organizers said.
Attendees are encouraged to bring multiple copies of their resume, prepare a list of questions to ask, and be ready to discuss their specific career path interests, the organizers said.
“BCPS offers excellent benefits, sign-on bonuses for some positions, 100% paid medical insurance for employees and the Florida Retirement System plan,” the district said in a written announcement.
Registration for the career fair is required. To complete the registration form and learn more about the event, visit browardschools.com/careerfair.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Crime & SafetyDecember 8, 2023Search Underway for Missing Tamarac Woman
- NewsDecember 8, 2023Detectives Search For Missing Teen From Tamarac
- NewsDecember 7, 2023“A Difficult Time”: Woodlands Clubhouse in Tamarac Will Be Demolished
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Lauderhill Hosts Dive-In Movie: ‘Jingle All the Way’