By: Saraana Jamraj
The census occurs every ten years, and the critical task of making sure every single person is counted requires plenty of effort — as well as create jobs to undertake the enormous task.
As the 2020 census approaches, hundreds of census jobs have opened up for Tamarac residents and, they come with competitive wages.
Maximus, a leading provider of government services worldwide, is the third-party company that will be hiring 830 people in Tamarac for the 2020 Census. They’re primarily looking for bilingual residents, either proficient in English and Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Arabic, Polish, Russian, Korean, Japanese, or any other language that might ensure that the most people get counted.
The listings include bilingual customer service representatives and survey specialists, who will be working the Census Questionnaire Assistance program. They will assist the public by researching and responding to frequently asked questions regarding the completion of the 2020 census forms. Pay is $20.81/hour and includes paid training.
For English-only speakers, there are still opportunities to partake in the census jobs, as they’re also hiring customer service representatives for a similar role at $18.92 an hour.
Currently, all jobs listed will take place at a call center. The shifts are flexible to meet the needs of those with different lifestyles, families, and goals.
Responsibilities will include: following defined census program information, processes, and procedures, handling inbound and outbound calls in a courteous, timely, and professional manner, adhering to approved scripts, conducting interviews, completing forms, data entry and more.
A high school diploma or an equivalent level of education is required.
Apply online here.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. She's completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2020.09.27Tamarac Talk Interviews Candidates for City Commission District 1
- News2020.09.25Tamarac Talk Interviews Candidates for City Commission District 3
- News2020.09.22Feeding South Florida Food Distributions Continue in Tamarac and Nearby Cities
- News2020.09.22Drive-Thru Halloween Haunt Provides Safer Option for Tamarac Holiday Celebrations