By: Sharon Aron Baron
Join area Veterans on Monday, November 11, to honor the men and women who served in the United States Armed Forces who deserve this day in recognition for their service to our country.
This year, the city will be unveiling a new panel on the Wall of Honor to recognize 100 veterans for their service.
Special Guest Speaker
Ret. Captain Glenn Wiltshire, U.S. Coast Guard, retired from the U.S. Coast Guard in 2006 after 30 years of commissioned service.
His last assignment was as Commander of Sector New York and USCG Captain of the Port for New York/New Jersey.
Captain Wiltshire’s other previous USCG service also includes serving as Chief of Staff for the Fourteenth Coast Guard District in Honolulu and as executive assistant to the assistant commandant for Marine Safety, Security, and Environmental Protection in Washington, DC. He continues to serve the Coast Guard as a volunteer Coast Guard Auxiliarist.
Currently, he is the acting chief executive and port director for Broward County’s Port Everglades, South Florida’s main seaport for receiving petroleum products and a top containerized cargo seaport in Florida and the United States.
The Massing of Colors by the Tamarac Fire Rescue and special messages from Mayor Michelle Gomez and the city commission will be included at the event.
Also, light refreshments will be provided after the service by VITAS Health Care.
The Veteran’s Day event will be Monday, November 11, at 10:30 a.m. Veterans Memorial Park at 7825 Southgate Boulevard.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.12.06Santa Makes a Special Appearance at Rudolph’s Winter Wonderland Dec. 9
- News2022.12.04Sawgrass Nature Center Invites Kids to ‘Camp Wild’ for Winter Break
- News2022.12.01Talk Media Named 2022 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- News2022.11.30School Choice Application Window Opens for 2023/24