By: Sharon Aron Baron
There are hundreds of dogs and cats that need forever homes from the various shelters and one county commissioner is trying to drum up much-needed publicity to help place them with local families.
Udine, who represents Tamarac, Coral Springs, Parkland, and North Lauderdale said that when they bring shelter animals out to the public for adoption, it’s usually love-at-first-sight. And the best news is that all adoption fees will be waived.
“….So there’s no excuse not to adopt a pet who needs a loving home,” he said.
Udine said they have been very successful at pet adoption events like this one, and he is hoping to place every dog into a good home.
Animals available for adoption are also spayed/neutered, have all vaccinations, a pet license tag, and a microchip. There will also be pictures with Santa Paws, Best Dressed Holiday Hound Contest, Raffles, vendors, and fun.
The Annual Paws and Claus event takes place Saturday, December 14, from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Gary B. Jones Park for People and Pups, 8101 Southgate Boulevard in Tamarac.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024J.P. Taravella Drama Club Hosts Community Yard Sale and Craft Show on February 24
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Detectives Search for Tamarac Man Missing Since Early January
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“You’re a Fraud”: Tamarac Commissioner Blasts Website Tied to Marlon Bolton
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Free Boot Camp Held to Boost Students’ Federal Aid Applications