By: Sharon Aron Baron
March is Bicycle month in Broward County so make sure you mark your calendars for the annual Bike Rodeo in Tamarac.
Each year 40-60 participants between the ages of 5 years and up join Tamarac Broward Sheriff’s Office and the Parks and Recreation Department where they are taught bicycle safety and learn the rules of the road by going through a course.
Last year they gave away over 30 helmets, and each participant got their helmet properly adjusted for safety. This year they’re giving away a new bicycle to one lucky winner. There will also be refreshments and giveaways and more.
All participants meet on Saturday, March 21, at the Community Center Parking Lot at 8601 West Commercial Blvd. The event runs from 10 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County