By Sherry Nabbie-Singh
The rumors are true. A well-known Italian restaurant in Tamarac has a new owner; however, that’s the only thing that has changed.
A social media post from Ferro’s Pizza confirmed they have been under new management since the founders officially retired in May 2020. New owners, brother and sister, Alex and Demi Kasdas, have officially taken ownership. The new owners were unavailable for an interview.
Manager Tony Maresca who has worked at the restaurant, located at 8146 North University Drive for the last six years, said despite the change in ownership, “things are exactly the same. We have the same cooks that have been here for years.”
Founded 40 years ago by Giovanni and Valentina Ferro, the restaurant in Sunflower Plaza is a local favorite among Tamarac residents and surrounding areas.
The restaurant’s tradition is giving fresh rolls to kids before they’re dipped in garlic butter. Almost every family who has dined at Ferro’s describes a similar experience. Maresca said kids are still given the same special treatment upon request.
While most restaurants remained closed or without power after Hurricane Wilma, Ferro’s opened its doors to help the community. The lines went through the parking lot as the Ferro’s made cheese pizza in the sweltering heat.
Ferro’s remained open throughout the Covid-19 pandemic as they continued to serve the community.
“In the beginning, the dining area closed for a while, but take-out picked up significantly, and thankfully, we have managed to stay open.”
Ferro’s Pizza and Restaurant is located at
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- A self-published author and professional makeup artist who has resided in Tamarac since 2011. Originally from Trinidad, Sherry graduated from the University of the West Indies with a bachelor of arts in literature in English.
- News2021.05.09Teen Group Organizes Feminine Hygiene Drive to Help Those in Need
- News2021.05.06Commissioner Gelin Proposes $3.5 Million Track for Tamarac Sports Complex
- News2021.05.04Ferro’s Pizza: New Owner, Same Taste
- News2021.04.23Don’t Miss the Bus! Bake It On Wheels Rolls into Tamarac for Mother’s Day Event