By: Matt Rothman
J.P. Taravella swim teams shined, with the boys finishing in fourth place and the girls placing third on Thursday.
The boys team finished with 353 points, with their 400-yard freestyle team taking first place with Jayden Davis, Miles Green, Mekhi Dawkins, and Zane Samms. That same team finished fourth in the 200-yard freestyle while David Arana, Jayden Samms, Zac Bricher, and Joshua DeSuza placed sixth in the 200-yard medley relay.
Miles Green had the top individual result, placing second in the 50-yard freestyle, while Jaydin Davis, Zane Samms, Dawkins, and Jayden Samms all qualified in multiple events. Zac Bricher and Joshua De Souza also placed, while Arana will be an alternate in the 100-yard backstroke.
The girls team had 263 points, with Carolina Gonzalez, Giani Francis, Tawannah McLemore, and Rwani Ceballos winning first in the 200-yard freestyle and placing second in the 200-yard medley relay. Morgan Thomas, Victoria Sosa, Marianna Sanchez, and Joslyn Brown also qualified for regionals after finishing fourth in the 400 freestyle.
McLemore also shined individually, winning the 50-yard freestyle and the 100-yard breaststroke, while Francis won the 100-yard butterfly. She will head to regionals individually along with Ceballos, Thomas, Gonzalez, Mariana Sanchez, Joslyn Brown, and Francis. Sanchez will also be an alternate in the 200-yard freestyle.
Next, both teams will compete in Regionals on November 4, looking to secure their spot in the State Championship.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 4, 2023J.P. Taravella Basketball Teams Highlight Week of Success With 1st Win
- NewsNovember 19, 2023TS Aquatics Swimmers Shine in Postseason Competitions
- NewsNovember 18, 2023Tawannah McLemore Leads The Way For J.P. Taravella Swim Team in State Championship
- NewsNovember 9, 20233 J.P. Taravella Baseball Players Officially Sign Letter of Intent