By Agrippina Fadel
Two long-anticipated new businesses finally opened their doors in Tamarac.
Growing Minds Child Care, located at 5100 W Commercial Blvd, offers services for kids ages 1 to 5. The center had a grand opening and a ribbon-cutting ceremony on October 24.
The event, presented by the Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce, was attended by Mayor Michelle Gomez, Vice Mayor Marlon Bolton, and Commissioner Elvin Villalobos.
“At Growing Minds Childcare, we are thrilled to become an integral part of the Tamarac community. We extend our heartfelt gratitude to our dedicated team for making this possible,” said co-owner Anthony Feoli.
The center, formerly known as “Little Crayons,” now offers voluntary pre-kindergarten, preschool care, and special programs for toddlers.
Savvy Sliders, a midwestern favorite known for hand-breaded fried chicken fingers, gourmet sliders, and hand-spun custard shakes, also opened this month.
The 2,149 sq. ft. fast food restaurant is located at 2400 West Commercial Blvd at the site of the former Moe’s Southwest Grill. Savvy Sliders got all the necessary approvals from the city last January to renovate the exterior of the building according to its branding standards, add a pick-up window, and offer seating for 20.
Tamarac is one of the first restaurants in Florida for the Greater Lakes-based food chain as it expands into the state.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsDecember 3, 2023Ticket Alert: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Tribute Show at the Palace
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Doo-Wop Delight: Don’t Miss a Night of Nostalgia with John Tarangelo at the Kings Point Palace
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Don’t Miss the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo