By Ryan Yousefi
The City of Lauderhill is gearing up for a holiday season filled with health and wellness as it kicks off a series of weekly and monthly fitness events to keep the community active and engaged.
Happening on select days of each week, “Move with the Mayor” and “Mayor’s Fitness Challenge” events aim to promote physical fitness and healthy living for residents of all ages.
Mayor Ken Thurston and the City’s Parks and Recreation Department hold the “Move with the Mayor: Bootcamp Fitness Class” every Monday and Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. at St. George Park, 3501 NW 8 Street.
Residents can register for the free bi-weekly boot camp fitness classes by visiting the CivicRec site or contacting the Parks and Recreation Department at 954-791-1039 for more information.
For those who prefer evening workouts, every Thursday at 6:30 p.m., the community is invited to participate in a free cardio walk and light interval training at the Sadkin Community Center, located at 1176 NW 42nd Way.
To join these sessions, visit the CivicRec site for registration or contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 954-321-2450.
On the third Friday of each month, starting at 7:00 p.m., the City will host the “Move with the Mayor Soca Step Aerobics Friday class” at the Sports Park located at 7500 West Oakland Park Boulevard.
These free high-energy sessions feature guest instructor Coach Kamal from Tailored Fitness.
Step boxes will be provided, but attendees can bring their own. DJ Sweeba will provide music during the events.
For more information on this monthly event, you can email kcummings@lauderhill-fl-gov.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Paws with Claus Holiday Paw-ty Takes Place at Gary B Jones Park on December 9
- NewsDecember 5, 20234th Annual Hope for the Holidays Toy Distribution Takes Place on December 16
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Toy Drive Spreads Holiday Cheer
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Senior Citizen Wreaks Havoc During DMV Eye Exam, Faces Charges for Equipment Demolition