By: Sharon Aron Baron
March is Florida Bicycle Month and to celebrate, the City of Tamarac Parks and Recreation Department is holding their Annual Bike Rodeo where children can learn about safety and the rules of the road.
Each year 40-60 participants ages 5 and up join Tamarac’s Broward Sheriff’s Office and their Explorers Program, where they give away free helmets – properly adjusted for safety, and teach children bicycle safety by going through a fun obstacle course.
In celebration of Dr. Seuss’s birthday, there will be readings of Dr. Seuss books, raffles, and arts and crafts. The event is free and open to children ages 5 and older. Don’t forget to register for the free bike giveaway.
All participants meet Saturday, March 2, 2019 at Tamarac Park parking lot at 7501 University Drive where the event will run from 10 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.12.12Official 2020/21 Broward County Public Schools Calendar
- News2019.12.11Marlon Bolton Appointed Vice Mayor at Tamarac Commission Meeting
- News2019.12.11Sheriff Tony Terminates Deputy for Using Excessive Force on Tamarac Teen
- News2019.12.10Free Living Interactive Recreation of Bethlehem is Back in Coral Springs