By: Sharon Aron Baron
Lobbyist Ron Book, who represents the City of Tamarac on governmental affairs was booked into Broward County Jail Sunday night on DUI charges.
According to the Miami Herald, Book, 66, was arrested by Florida Highway Patrol troopers. An arrest affidavit wasn’t immediately available, he was charged with DUI, first offense; DUI with damage to another’s property or person; and refusal to submit to a DUI test.
Book, who is a resident of Plantation, earns up to $59,400 per year for his lobbying services for the City of Tamarac according to 2018 figures. He is also the father of State Sen. Lauren Book.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.11.21Meet Allie: She’s at Broward County Animal Care Seeking her Forever Family
- News2019.11.20University Hospital & Medical Center Names New CEO
- News2019.11.19Broward County School Board Appoints New Chair; Vice Chair
- News2019.11.17Broward County Public Schools Choice Application Window Opens December 2