By: Sharon Aron Baron
Lobbyist Ron Book, who represents the City of Tamarac on governmental affairs was booked into Broward County Jail Sunday night on DUI charges.
According to the Miami Herald, Book, 66, was arrested by Florida Highway Patrol troopers. An arrest affidavit wasn’t immediately available, he was charged with DUI, first offense; DUI with damage to another’s property or person; and refusal to submit to a DUI test.
Book, who is a resident of Plantation, earns up to $59,400 per year for his lobbying services for the City of Tamarac according to 2018 figures. He is also the father of State Sen. Lauren Book.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.04.15Opinion: City Commission Need to Cut the Grandstanding and Get to Business
- News2021.04.15Over 80 Children Attend Tamarac Bike Rodeo with the Broward Sheriff’s Office
- News2021.04.14North Lauderdale Man Faces Murder Charge For Road Rage Incident
- News2021.04.14Tamarac Commissioner Attempts to Violate First Amendment by Silencing Critics on Social Media