By Sherry Nabbie-Singh
With Father’s Day just around the corner, the City of Tamarac has partnered with Literacy Connection’s Operation R.E.A.D Initiative to create the Reading With My Dad experience.
On June 12, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., the carefully chosen feature title “Papa Do You Love Me” by Barbara M. Joosse and illustrated by Barbara Lavallee celebrates the impact of all father figures in the lives of families focuses on strengthening the relationship with children.
With lunch included, each $10 ticket allows entry for a dad and a guest to climb aboard the literacy bus when it rolls into the Tamarac Recreation Park.
Due to the 24-person limit, there will be 4 20-minute rotations in groups of 6. Each session will boost self-esteem with fun bonding activities and interactive storytelling for all participants.
Literacy Connection is a non-profit organization that seeks to educate and strengthen families through community workshops and bridge the reading gap by distributing books to children.
Click here to reserve a spot. The Tamarac Recreation Center is located at 7501 North University Drive.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- A self-published author and professional makeup artist who has resided in Tamarac since 2011. Originally from Trinidad, Sherry graduated from the University of the West Indies with a bachelor of arts in literature in English.
- News2021.06.14Tamarac’s Independence Day Celebration Has a New Date
- News2021.06.10Chaos and Contradictions at the Tamarac City Commission Meeting
- News2021.06.08Commissioner Gelin Tells Colleague to ‘Get Off My Page’ While Using Official City Account
- News2021.06.06Your Vote Could Win $100 in Gift Certificates During ‘Flavors of Tamarac’