By Kevin Deutsch
A man was arrested for pointing a pistol at another driver during a road rage incident in Tamarac, court records show.
Reece Marsh, 36, of Miami Gardens, was angry with a male motorist and pointed a black Glock 31, .357 caliber pistol at him as both men drove near West Commercial Boulevard and Northwest 70th Avenue on Nov. 4, according to an arrest affidavit.
The victim later told deputies he felt “it was the end” for him, the affidavit states.
Afterward, Marsh pulled his car in front of the victim’s vehicle,” preventing him from leaving,” the records show.
Marsh stepped out of his car, approached the victim, and began arguing with him, the affidavit states.
After a brief argument, Marsh returned to his car and grabbed the Glock, the victim told Broward Sheriff’s Office Tamarac District deputies.
Marsh put the gun in his waistband and again approached the victim, leading him to again fear for his life and call 911, records show.
Deputies arrived a short time later and saw the pistol resting on Marsh’s front passenger seat, according to BSO.
Marsh was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill and booked into the Broward Main Jail.
Records show he was released on an $8,000 bond in advance of his next court appearance.
A judge barred Marsh from contact with the victim as well as from possessing any guns or ammunition, the records show.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Crime & SafetyDecember 8, 2023Search Underway for Missing Tamarac Woman
- NewsDecember 8, 2023Detectives Search For Missing Teen From Tamarac
- NewsDecember 7, 2023“A Difficult Time”: Woodlands Clubhouse in Tamarac Will Be Demolished
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Lauderhill Hosts Dive-In Movie: ‘Jingle All the Way’