By: Sharon Aron Baron
A memorial has been set up on McNab Road by the family of a man who was killed while riding his bicycle.
Oscar Aleman was riding his bike to the store around 8:23 a.m. on May 26, when he was hit by a 2004 Chevrolet Express van in the 6900 block of McNab Road, BSO investigators said.
Tamarac Fire Rescue and Broward Sheriff’s Office Fire Rescue responded to the scene, and airlifted Aleman to Broward Health Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
The driver, Serge Gharakhanian, 45, of Coral Springs stayed at the scene of the collision, which is still under investigation.
“He was not like a typical 82 year old guy,” said his grandson to CBS Miami. “He was very quick-witted and fast.”
Originally from Cuba, Oscar Aleman and his wife Belen left Cuba in 1970 and moved to Chicago. After retiring from Zenith television, Belen Aleman ran an upholstery company out of their home. They moved to Tamarac nine years ago.
Aleman is survived by four adult daughters, three adult sons, 19 grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.01.18Tamarac Crime and Arrest Update Through January 11
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments
- News2021.01.12Man Faces Murder Charges After Setting Girlfriend on Fire
- News2021.01.11Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution January 13