By Selene Raj
Opening in June, a family-owned and operated market gives Tamarac residents new options to shop for groceries.
Mi Campo Farmer’s Market offers shoppers a wide variety of products, including fresh fruits, vegetables, organic, vegan, gluten-free, Hispanic, and Kosher foods.
They regularly feature coupons and specials, including discounts on products ranging from chickpeas and fresh cassava to tahini sauce and turbinado sugar. They pride themselves on offering great prices even without the discounts.
Co-owners Alay Luna and Kelby Koelig decided that Tamarac would be the perfect location for their business, given a population that is as diverse as the items on their shelf.
“We know there’s a very diverse community here in Tamarac, so that’s why we wanted to open here,” said Luna.
They have enjoyed meeting locals since opening, though many residents still do not know that they have opened.
“Not a lot of people know we’re here, but every day we get new customers who are happy with our location and prices,” he said.
The customers who have discovered the new store have quickly turned into loyal patrons and fans.
So far, they have a 4.9 rating on Google reviews, and the comments are filled with appreciation for the cleanliness, friendly atmosphere and helpful staff, a wide variety of products and price points.
They currently offer pick-up orders through email by sending the order to email@example.com.
Located in Kings Point Plaza at 7644 N Nob Hill Road, they are open seven days a week, Monday to Sunday, from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. daily. Call them at 954-876-1103 or visit their website.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.01.18‘One Tamarac’ Multicultural Festival Moves Forward with New Date
- News2021.01.15Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Board Moves Closer to Final Approval
- News2021.01.06Rep Dan Daley Advocates for his District on 5 House Committees
- News2020.12.30Commissioner Bolton Expresses Remorse Over Calling City Attorney ‘Untrustworthy’