Just a few months ago, if you asked city officials if there were plans for a charter schools they would have said no.
I don’t know if they if they didn’t want to consider the idea or were keeping quiet on any proposals. There is no denying that charter schools have gained in popularity among families in Broward county, drawing over 6,215 new students from public schools from last year for a total of 29,500 students in the district.
Charter schools in Broward County are privately owned and hold contracts from the Broward County School Board. Broward County charter schools must meet strict guidelines for educational standards, but are free to utilize more innovate teaching techniques.
This proposed charter school is, of course, in it’s very early planning stages. The proposed location would be at 8399 North University Drive Tamarac, FL 33321 and if you look at the attached map, you can see that it has been labeled K-8. If this were the case, this would be a great for our families and ease the over-crowding at Millennium Middle School.
On December 7th, 2011 the City of Tamarac’s Planning Board will hear a request for a major site plan application.
Request of Pam Butler of MG3 Developer Group, Designated Agent for the property owner, B.E.M. Holding, LLC., seeking approval of a Major Redevelopment Site Plan to allow for the redevelopment of the existing structure through structural and architectural modifications, parking lot modifications and landscaping improvements for the proposed use as a charter school.
If you are interested in appearing, the meeting will be held on January 11th, 2012 at 9:00 am in Conference Room 105 of City Hall 7525 NW 88 Avenue Tamarac FL 33321
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.02.07BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet in Tamarac
- News2023.02.06Tragic Murder Mystery Solved: Two Suspects Arrested for Killing of Tamarac Resident
- News2023.02.06Apply Now for $1,200 Scholarships Offered to Florida College Students
- News2023.02.03Bite into Bliss and Empower Young Women: Get Your Boxes of Girl Scout Cookies Today