By Selene Raj
For the first time since March, Tamarac’s city commission will meet in person— it will also be the last meeting of Commissioner Julie Fishman’s term after Elvin Villalobos was elected to represent District 3.
One of the more important items on the agenda includes purchasing the replacement of Tamarac Fire Rescue vehicles for up to $697,000.
For residents hoping to hear from Fishman before her departure, her commission report will be especially of interest—she will address constituents and residents of the city one final time in her first term as commissioner.
As she announced her loss on Facebook, dozens of residents shared their gratitude for her service.
On Tuesday, November 10, the meeting takes place at 7:00 p.m. in the commission chambers and can be viewed online. For more information on the meeting, visit the city’s website.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.08.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.03.16Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover
- News2021.03.02The Broward Sheriff’s Office Makes Personal Bunny Visits in Tamarac
- News2021.02.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests