By: Sharon Aron Baron
Tamarac Residents Penny and Carey Sackener not only adopted Charlie, a fun-loving, 10-month-old Jack Russell Terrier, but they recently found out that they were the lucky winner of two free tickets on Spirit Airlines.
Hey Spirit, do you waive the $200 round trip fee for the dog too?
During the month of October, Broward County Animal Care and Adoption Division partnered with Spirit Airlines to encourage residents to “get on board” to help save the lives of homeless animals. Upon adoption of a dog or cat, the adopter’s name was placed in a special drawing for a chance to win two airline vouchers from Spirit Airlines.
A total of 369 dogs and cats found a home during the “Get on Board” promotion. ??This is the second time Animal Care and Spirit joined forces for an adoption promotion. The first “Get on Board” promotion was held in June.
“Our Spirit Airlines family is proud to be making a difference in helping find homes for animals in need in our community,” said Michael Pewther, who oversees Spirit’s corporate giving programs.
“We are thrilled that so many pets have found caring families and look forward to many more adoptions to come.”
“We are grateful to the Spirit Airlines family for their ongoing support,” said Lisa Mendheim, public education coordinator, Broward County Animal Care and Adoption. “We also thank all of the residents who saved a life by making a new best friend during this special promotion. It is truly wonderful to see so many of our animals find a home.”
The Broward County Animal Care and Adoption Division is dedicated to providing shelter for lost and homeless pets. Each year, the Adoption Center provides another chance for thousands of dogs and cats hoping for a new home. Please prevent the birth of unwanted animals and have your pet spayed or neutered. Financial assistance is available to income qualifying individuals who want to have their pets sterilized. For more information, visit Broward.org/Animal
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2020.12.03Home-Based Businesses Now Eligible to Apply for CARES Act
- News2020.11.2910 Auto Burglaries Reported in Tamarac in this Week’s Crime Update
- News2020.11.28Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste December 5
- News2020.11.28Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science